What's new

Fused Quartz Tubes for Gennies

stealthvape

Premium Vendor
Hows about it? Would there be much interest in them?

How fat are your wicks? 2mm? 3mm? 2.5mm?

Is 10mm length about right?

Is packs of 5 ok?

Is this following on from the topic regarding the porous ceramic kind of wicks?

Better chance of success than the ceramic wicks. I know that fused quartz works and other than size there are few questions. With the ceramic wicks there's several types of ceramic, steep setup costs getting moulds made, then test batches of different porosities with shipping fees for a product that 'might work' when we already have mesh which is cheap and does work. It's on a back burner at the moment but I still hold out hope.

As for the quartz, I've been buying some for the UKVA maxi so am on good terms with the manufacturers and could get some samples sent over.

eventually, i want uncoloured lightly sandblasted (if possible) and plain fused quartz for my AGA-T2 if i ever get it coiled right.. if i do, and the price is right, i may also be looking to purchase a few sized to fit the chinese (mini?) did clone, with the addition of having bevelled edges. But eventually is the operative word.. i'm poor and have yet to fully sort my existing vape

Better chance of success than the ceramic wicks. I know that fused quartz works and other than size there are few questions. With the ceramic wicks there's several types of ceramic, steep setup costs getting moulds made, then test batches of different porosities with shipping fees for a product that 'might work' when we already have mesh which is cheap and does work. It's on a back burner at the moment but I still hold out hope.

As for the quartz, I've been buying some for the UKVA maxi so am on good terms with the manufacturers and could get some samples sent over.

Any pics of it anywhere Rob ? this sounds interesting

Any pics of it anywhere Rob ? this sounds interesting

Ahh ZT me old mucka, I've not got it yet as there's been a spot of bad luck. I had a batch of really nice quartz tubes show up. Not thin tubes for wicks but the tanks for the UKVA. 50 tanks were smashed along the way proving that DHL show complete disregard for the words 'fragile' or 'handle with care'

I'll tell you what though, the frosted tubes are looooovely. Jim's hard at work making the first maxi in time for my Birthday on Sunday :)

Normally the breakages would be seen as a problem but as I'm quite used to disaster and having to look on the bright side it's the perfect opportunity to see if I can get samples of the thin stuff to make up for the breakages.

I'll have to check that massive thread on ECF about wall thickness but will get 2mm ID, 3mm ID cut into say about 10mm? I seem to remember they were going as thin as .5mm for the wall thickness.

Will certainly get some samples next time I get glass which won't be long.

Glad I didn't push harder with the ceramic wicks now after reading bits and pieces. Breaking in time, fragility and what not.

Gotta be honest I would really want to try a couple out before I continue to buy, I had a sample of ceramic (well basically aquarium stone)yes the vape density was good but the fact they were so brittle and a slightly diminished taste to a good mesh really said something. Maybe I am a bit hooked to mesh but I would only be interested in testing first. As for the wick size my mini did is about 1.5 but 2mm for the AGA T. The pack size you have posted seems reasonable. Srry I am a bit fussy and you made me fussier with the marine grade mesh you supplied me.

Simon

There will be samples don'e you worry. Gotta test it out on you guys before I release it to the public hehe

Do you happen to know the exact dimensions of the aga t2 glass?

What's the wall thickness? :)

Although I'm thinking maybe I'd better get one and check with a micrometer in case it's 20.20mm or something

Back
Top Bottom