What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Flashlight driver board for mechanical mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've rebuilt and upgraded a few flashlights and heat from the driver really isn't an issue, plus being a flashlight they're designed to be under constant heavy current load.
Now I've never seen a Kick Module for comparison but I'm assuming it's just a constant current driver that prevents thermal runaway the same way LED drivers work.
I mean this will be my first vaping mod of any kind, but if an LED driver does work the compact size of the driver means there's a lot of novelty mods I could have some fun making.

The nemesis has a extra section specifically for a kick. For other mods, it's not uncommon to go down to an 18500 to accommodate for the size of the kick. As you said, the flashlight driver will take up less real estate then a kick unit. This could be a good thing or bad thing with regards to trying to get the desired overall length needed to fully make contact at both ends of a tube mod. I'm pretty sure the kick 2 has adjustable/contacts as well to help with that. The flashlight driver Is a nice idea but I have a feeling that it may throw up a few problems trying to get it to work right that make it all more hassle then it's worth. If your dead set though, crack on, I'd be interested to know how you get on with it.

Has anyone tried using a multi-mode flashlight driver board in their mechanical mods, and if so is there any reason it won't work as I'm looking to adapt my Nemesis mod for adjustable voltage.
I know it's an old post, but did you do it after all? If yes, did you use the kick or the multi-mode flashlight driver board?

Seriously dude, the OP was last seen on July 13 2016, so I'd highly doubt you'll get any kind of response.

Nice bit of necromongering tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom