What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

DNA20 Cloned Board Box Mod

@robski - "Don't read this!" That's like saying "don't touch the big red button"! I did read it. I did click the link. We are now in a whole world of shit! :D

I really did laugh out loud just then!!!
It is a nice machine though....

@Dexter
DO NOT READ THIS!

I said don't read this! Go and have a cup of cocoa and have an early night!
@BaDaBooM
Yep, that's the one I linked you to isn't it? I was just calling it the X1 for short! You ordered it from arceurotrade.co.uk didn't you?
Fixed column so fewer flexing issues. 250W direct belt drive brushless motor. Nice big table to work on. It even has a digital speed readout which is a £100 extra on the x2 machine. 50 kilos of man machine goodness! All at a very, very reasonable price!
>>linky<<
Hmmmm... I really hope Dexter took my advice and didn't read this. :flames:

My bad.

I'm confused @robski and can't really remember what I was going to get in the beginning :sleepy:

My shopping list
Super X1LP HiTorque Mill - Belt Drive - Brushless MT2 Metric
HSS TiN 4 Flute End Mill 12mm
HSS TiN 4 Flute End Mill 7.5mm
MT2 Metric Collet Starter Set - 6mm, 10mm, 12mm
Dead Centre MT2
Digital Readout Bar with Remote Display 150mm/6"
Horizontal Digital Readout Bar 300mm/12" Large Display
Half Round DTI Holder for Dovetail or upto 5/32" Spigot
Dial Test Indicator - ø30mm Face

Ebay
2x 100mm 4" Engineers Precision Square (got one and it wasn't square!! so I ordered a new one)
10X CR2032 2032 3V
10MM SWISS-TECH SLOT DRILL HSS-CO
2mm HSCO8 FC3 3 FLT BOTTOM CUTTING SLOT DRILL END MILL EUROPA
3mm HSCO8 FC3 3 FLUTED BOTTOM CUTTING SLOT DRILL END MILL EUROPA
6mm CARBIDE 3 FLT BOTTOM CUT SLOT DRILL / END MILL EUROPA TOOL
6x6mm End Mill Cutter 4 Flute Solid Coated Cutting Slot Drilling Bit
6mm FC3 MILLING CUTTERS
6mm DRILL BIT HSS COBALT
2mm HSS LONG PROFESSIONAL DRILL BIT
5.2mm HSS/COBOLT Jobber drill bits
9.1mm HSS/COBOLT Jobber drill bits
60 Degrees Countersink HSS Drill Bit 6.3mm to 20.5
3.5mm Professional Drill Bits HSS-G Ground Bright
8.7mm HSS DRILLS PROFESSIONAL HIGH QUALITY JOBBER ROLLED DRILL BITS

I have no idea why I got 3x 6mm end mills I only needed one. Because its taking so long time to arrive I buy crap on ebay for no real reason.

-----------------------

On topic.

Looking forward to @Dexter's review about the Dna clone kit.

Last edited:
BaDaBooM - Christ! I forgot about that! It wasn't the complete kit, just the components, and I will say that if you made adjustable 510's that are flush fitting, you would be my supplier of choice. I love the shorty 510. :2thumbsup:

@BaDaBooM - Christ! I forgot about that! It wasn't the complete kit, just the components, and I will say that if you made adjustable 510's that are flush fitting, you would be my supplier of choice. I love the shorty 510. :2thumbsup:

Glad you like the shorty. Gonna send you some delrin blocks so you can flush mount them. You don't have to glue the connector so if it ever wears out its easy to change.

untitled_162.png

Last edited:
I'm confused @robski and can't really remember what I was going to get in the beginning :sleepy:

My shopping list
Super X1LP HiTorque Mill - Belt Drive - Brushless MT2 Metric
HSS TiN 4 Flute End Mill 12mm
HSS TiN 4 Flute End Mill 7.5mm
MT2 Metric Collet Starter Set - 6mm, 10mm, 12mm
Dead Centre MT2
Digital Readout Bar with Remote Display 150mm/6"
Horizontal Digital Readout Bar 300mm/12" Large Display
Half Round DTI Holder for Dovetail or upto 5/32" Spigot
Dial Test Indicator - ø30mm Face

Ebay
2x 100mm 4" Engineers Precision Square (got one and it wasn't square!! so I ordered a new one)
10X CR2032 2032 3V
10MM SWISS-TECH SLOT DRILL HSS-CO
2mm HSCO8 FC3 3 FLT BOTTOM CUTTING SLOT DRILL END MILL EUROPA
3mm HSCO8 FC3 3 FLUTED BOTTOM CUTTING SLOT DRILL END MILL EUROPA
6mm CARBIDE 3 FLT BOTTOM CUT SLOT DRILL / END MILL EUROPA TOOL
6x6mm End Mill Cutter 4 Flute Solid Coated Cutting Slot Drilling Bit
6mm FC3 MILLING CUTTERS
6mm DRILL BIT HSS COBALT
2mm HSS LONG PROFESSIONAL DRILL BIT
5.2mm HSS/COBOLT Jobber drill bits
9.1mm HSS/COBOLT Jobber drill bits
60 Degrees Countersink HSS Drill Bit 6.3mm to 20.5
3.5mm Professional Drill Bits HSS-G Ground Bright
8.7mm HSS DRILLS PROFESSIONAL HIGH QUALITY JOBBER ROLLED DRILL BITS

I have no idea why I got 3x 6mm end mills I only needed one. Because its taking so long time to arrive I buy crap on ebay for no real reason.

-----------------------

On topic.

Looking forward to @Dexter's review about the Dna clone kit.

Wow! That's one hell of a shopping list you've managed to put together there BaDaBooM :woohoo:
I think that the Arc mill looks better value than the Axminster one you were looking at originally but I'm surprised that you've not received it yet! It seems like quite a while since you ordered it!
I think that I might have to postpone my milling machine purchase. A couple of things have come up to divert beer tokens away from that fund! I think I'll have to reassess the situation next month! :(

Still looking forward to seeing you mill workshop!

Glad you like the shorty. Gonna send you some delrin blocks so you can flush mount them. You don't have to glue the connector so if it ever wears out its easy to change.

untitled_162.png

Really nice simple and effective solution matey!

Wow! That's one hell of a shopping list you've managed to put together there @BaDaBooM :woohoo:
I think that the Arc mill looks better value than the Axminster one you were looking at originally but I'm surprised that you've not received it yet! It seems like quite a while since you ordered it!
I think that I might have to postpone my milling machine purchase. A couple of things have come up to divert beer tokens away from that fund! I think I'll have to reassess the situation next month! :(

Taking so long because some of the stuff was out of stock. Arc seem like a better place for getting mills so happy you linked me to them :)

Really nice simple and effective solution matey!

Thanks, I usually add a copper plate too because its way easier to solder the negative to the copper plate than to those chromed shorty's.

body.png

Wow! That's one hell of a shopping list you've managed to put together there @BaDaBooM :woohoo:

Off topic

Hope you get a mill soon. This thing ended up costing me an arm and leg all the extras add up fast but you need them to get the mill running decent.

Back
Top Bottom