What's new

Dna 40

I could not disagree more with your first paragraph as I prefer simple cost effective solutions that work (often known as engineering), but everyone is entitled to their opinion and I do respect yours even if I don't agree in this case.

I don't feel that I am buying into everything Evolve says, I accept that a product comes with a spec and work from there. There a quite few things I would change, but accept that you get what your given so have to work with it or not. IMO the worst thing they have done with the DNA family is failing to limit the current through the charging board. Would like to see a version without buttons in a smaller package.

Neither do I feel that I misunderstand what chain do, it's sooo obvious, but only as good as the market research. You never get innovation by following the market. My main worry is the quality seems to vary too much making it hard to judge before you buy. They need to get vapers more involved in the design EG: IPV swapping power locking for touch sensor, making mod boards > 18 mm wide with fixed screens.

Just my opinion.

Your solution doesn't work 100% and neither does zens, how is that considered a good solution to the problem ?? You can throw word the engineering around as much as you want but it still doesn't make yours and zens solution any better. Zen is also a guy that sends out unfinished products, hes done it twice that I know of. And how can you say your way is a cheaper solution than evolve's ?? Have you put your idea into production ??
Having it on the board saves money, every mod maker out there would have to come up with a solution and do R&D and that costs. So mod makers would pay a little more for the boards but save money on production costs and R&D. You really think the battery holder you made is cost effective and a solid solution to the problem ?? How much do think it would cost to but that battery holder into production ?? I think you live in some what of a fantasy world if you think that battery holder into production would be cheaper than adding it to the board.

SX350 was innovative, saying China isn't innovative is just a face palm, I don't have the energy to go into this topic when all you think China do is copy things, especially when it comes to electronics.

I respect you mate, I just speak my mind.

Your solution doesn't work 100% and neither does zens, how is that considered a good solution to the problem ?? You can throw word the engineering around as much as you want but it still doesn't make yours and zens solution any better. Zen is also a guy that sends out unfinished products, hes done it twice that I know of. And how can you say your way is a cheaper solution than evolve's ?? Have you put your idea into production ??
Having it on the board saves money, every mod maker out there would have to come up with a solution and do R&D and that costs. So mod makers would pay a little more for the boards but save money on production costs and R&D. You really think the battery holder you made is cost effective and a solid solution to the problem ?? How much do think it would cost to but that battery holder into production ?? I think you live in some what of a fantasy world if you think that battery holder into production would be cheaper than adding it to the board.

SX350 was innovative, saying China isn't innovative is just a face palm, I don't have the energy to go into this topic when all you think China do is copy things, especially when it comes to electronics.

Your extrapolating my points some what.

Making the positive terminal flat would cost a couple of pence at most, you your batteries have to be particular types (or I just put some more heatshrink on CGRs), but 30 W + boards require higher spec batteries anyway so they don't work with all batteries. I only brought it up in the context of a simple effective solution if do when you decide to work with a board without rbp as opposed to wining about it and not anything else. Evolv have done it now, as they should have in the first place, but the mistake was choosing which features to include (omission) and not an execution error. So that's history now, I think the Evolv charger board not limiting current to a level that the system can handle as a design fault.

I don't see anything innovative about the SX350 (not saying it's not good), it is essentially an evolution of a VW board like the VAMO board using a gsensor (not innovation) to do a couple of switch functions. The most recent innovation from Chinese board designers I can think of is time varying vape profiles (good) and puff counter (maybe attractive to SSS). All I said originally is just following the market you don't get innovation and did not think that I would need to qualify that as a generalisation and obviously not applicable to every Chinese manufacture just a commercial imperative.

This thread was about the DNA40 and we are taking it way off track, maybe we will meet a vape meet and have a few jars and thrash it out, we may still disagree at the end, but at least we would have had a good drink and put faces to screen names. Maybe Vapefest 2015 with you being in Yorkshire and me in Hertfordshire.

Your extrapolating my points some what.

Making the positive terminal flat would cost a couple of pence at most, you your batteries have to be particular types (or I just put some more heatshrink on CGRs), but 30 W + boards require higher spec batteries anyway so they don't work with all batteries. I only brought it up in the context of a simple effective solution if do when you decide to work with a board without rbp as opposed to wining about it and not anything else. Evolv have done it now, as they should have in the first place, but the mistake was choosing which features to include (omission) and not an execution error. So that's history now, I think the Evolv charger board not limiting current to a level that the system can handle as a design fault.

I don't see anything innovative about the SX350 (not saying it's not good), it is essentially an evolution of a VW board like the VAMO board using a gsensor (not innovation) to do a couple of switch functions. The most recent innovation from Chinese board designers I can think of is time varying vape profiles (good) and puff counter (maybe attractive to SSS). All I said originally is just following the market you don't get innovation and did not think that I would need to qualify that as a generalisation and obviously not applicable to every Chinese manufacture just a commercial imperative.

This thread was about the DNA40 and we are taking it way off track, maybe we will meet a vape meet and have a few jars and thrash it out, we may still disagree at the end, but at least we would have had a good drink and put faces to screen names. Maybe Vapefest 2015 with you being in Yorkshire and me in Hertfordshire.

Ill buy you a beer :)

Has nobody tried using a bridge rectifier for reverse battery protection? - Put the battery in any old way then and it will still work...

I have an idea of installing the dna 40 in my vs dna 30 box...
Anybody tried this before?

It maybe shiny goggles, but I do think it is a game changer with rayon anyway (OK to over 500°F) you can throw as much power as you like at a coil with nothing bad happening. The pre-heat make the vape a lot better, especially from cold. Early days, only done 3 coils so far.

20141022_164543_Copy.jpg
20141023_033108_Copy.jpg

(510 & buttons from ModMaker Seedy)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom