What's new

Dna 40

Petebigmatch

Postman
So evolv has announced that the new chip is the dna 40 ,whos getting one for an upgrade. Same size as 20/30 .good news

With the advent of cheap wattage coming from China - is the Evolv DNA40 already dead tech?

We know you can change the temperature with this new chip, but does that really matter to anyone? Is it just a gimmick or a stop gap to separate themselves from current Chinese wattage chips? How long until that small upgrade is cloned and added to 150+ watt chips?

On the flip side one "prominent" vaper told me at VCCTN "to control temperature is a way to enter the dry herb market".
It did make me raise my eyebrow for a moment.

Either way -- it seems to be too little to late. China is crushing America in the wattage market. It comes down to watt per dollar. Currently you can get 180 watts (with the god mod) for less then $1.00 per watt. With 200 watts+ on the horizon can Evolv even compete in this game anymore?

With something as tiny and inexpensive as the Eleaf iStick - China is all the rage at the moment in terms of regulated devices. Mod makers are feeling the pinch. No longer can they complain about being cloned. They are being squeezed out by simple innovation at cheap prices.

Tube mods are dieing -- box mods are the new baby. Box mods are easy to build and cheap.. With this latest trend every Tom, Dick and Harry can become a pretty decent mod maker.

This blogger welcomes this new trend. Mod making has reverted back to its early days when it wasn't about exclusivity.

If its true that evolve is trying to enter the dry herb market then they are idiots. Vaping has enough controversy surrounding it and the last thing it needs is to be put under same banner as "legalize it".

The vapor critics are going to love this one, remember these people got all pissed off about fruit and candy flavors.

A mech mod and dripper can be misused
Shame the safety issue this board addresses has to be clouded by such thinking really
This will turn coiling and wicking on its head IMO
First device to forgo the watts race and concentrate on safe vapour production
Kudos to evolv look forward to it

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

I like the fact Evolv is really working on the safety, that's one of the things the FDA here in the sates is trying to hold over our heads in their attempt to push vaping back into the stone age.

The first build of the 40 that I've seen, from one of the BETA testers.

Amp Mod Photos by Littlefeather_Design | Photobucket

index.php

Think everybody is getting the wrong idea or maybe I'm getting it wrong. The temp control isn't a safety feature its just so you don't get dry hits. The safety feature is the cutoff time (think its 10secs on most chips). You can't wreck a device in 10secs at 40watts unless you are using petrol as juice.

They did mention battery monitoring and that is really good but most chips have that safety feature already so nothing new there unless they can explain to us why there's is better.

I'm kind of confused about it, temp feature is really for people who vape ready built devices and would vape @ 10-15watts, so why would they need 40watts and would have to build nichrome coils, didn't we swap from nichrome to kanthal because kanthal is safer? Its like selling racing tires to people with family cars and force them to change the tires themselves.

So for my style of vaping its a 40watt chip with reverse battery protection. Probably solid chip like all the other dna chips and its hard to tell how good it is, can't just take evolves and Phil's word for it.

Think everybody is getting the wrong idea or maybe I'm getting it wrong. The temp control isn't a safety feature its just so you don't get dry hits. The safety feature is the cutoff time (think its 10secs on most chips). You can't wreck a device in 10secs at 40watts unless you are using petrol as juice.

They did mention battery monitoring and that is really good but most chips have that safety feature already so nothing new there unless they can explain to us why there's is better.

I'm kind of confused about it, temp feature is really for people who vape ready built devices and would vape @ 10-15watts, so why would they need 40watts and would have to build nichrome coils, didn't we swap from nichrome to kanthal because kanthal is safer? Its like selling racing tires to people with family cars and force them to change the tires themselves.

So for my style of vaping its a 40watt chip with reverse battery protection. Probably solid chip like all the other dna chips and its hard to tell how good it is, can't just take evolves and Phil's word for it.

I think the safely of the temp control is, apart from not burning your wick, is not evaporating your juice at high temperature where certain ingredients can, by all accounts, *tramsmogrificate into toxic substances. I don't recall what turns into what but that's my general understanding :)

*probably not a real word

Back
Top Bottom