What's new

DNA 40 Chip Mount - Currently in Beta for 3D Printing

Darthpistachio

Postman
I've just uploaded a design for a DNA 40 chip mount to Sculpteo and Shapeways - I haven't received one myself yet to test fit it - just giving you guys a heads up on its existence for the moment...

It's designed primarily for a C/Hana styled enclosure but could be used in any suitable enclosure really.. I'm totally open to requests for different designs along the same lines once I have surmised the core sections don't need modification - additional sections would be relatively easy to add on to it..

Check it out here:

shapeways

And here:

sculpteo

chipmount1.jpg

chipmount2.jpg

chipmountcross section.jpg

chipmount bare.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Help

By any chance do you know what components are used to make the DNA 20/30/40 ect?

AS i need to design one from scratch for my college project.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Aside from knowing that they are resistors - diodes - regulators and other E PROM chips - no idea! - Best to contact Evolv and see if they would be willing to point you in the right direction..

also can you please edit your post and remove the quote? - It's a long post and there's no need to repeat it ALL just for that question - cheers ;)

By any chance do you know what components are used to make the DNA 20/30/40 ect?

AS i need to design one from scratch for my college project.

Thanks.

I very much doubt that Evolve will divulge how to make a DNA chip, it would be commercial suicide.
Also iirc i read that there are some things on it that are patented.

If you are doing this type of thing in college, maybe try and buy one and reverse engineer it?
Or just buy one of the many chinese clones of this chip, iirc fasttech sell them for about £15
$24.78 H-ANA MODZ Pack DNA 30 Style Mod VW Modules - 7-30W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Are you planning to get one of these printed as a test? I'm really liking the look of them but the shipping costs mean I don't want to get just one, but at the same time if they don't fit I don't want to get a ton of them.

Back
Top Bottom