What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Decided on a whim today box mod build time..

Geordie Rob

Achiever
yup I dont plan things well but I am going to give this a bash but after some pointers, previous experience minimal can solder all I have done in the vape world is swap out a 510 for a fatdaddy my tools consist of a soldering iron and hmm a drill lol.

At first the plan was dual 18650 mech

So far got the following coming tomorrow allot done quickly at work without too much thought so no doubt some disasters here:

Hammond 1590BOR 112x60x31 (probably a shite choice)
Keystone 2 x Battery Holder 18650
OCD copper spring loaded 510 (wanted a fatdaddy and at time didnt see @Seedy had lavitubes which I will use instead
I have some 1.5mm and 2.5mm cable from modmaker ordered ages ago
12mm chrome anti vandal (no longer being used will use 16mm Stainless Push Button Anti Vandal Momentary from modmaker
Forgot to order a mosfet earlier today and now thinking sod it go sx350 in basket along with button and 510
shinkwrap in basket
epoxy in basket
solder in basket

Thinking best drill bit sizes for above button and 510 and chip dont have the skill to go square heh?

Still need to see how to wire that keystone in series and general wiring on chip which I say with pinch of salt the chip looks more do-able for a knacker like me than the DNA.

Ordered from two different stores today and got one order to do with @Seedy then this disaster will commence over the weekend, can you think of anything I am missing here other than my lack of skill and the old drill bit sizes I can do round holes heh :)

This sounded like a great idea first thing this morning.............

Any help greatly received this is not going to be pretty.

Rob

Last edited:
Its pretty easy to build the sx. I would say as a tip, and I always do it, cut the black wire off and solder it to the other position for reverse polarity protection. And also take it easy on the screen. To much pushing around and it might knacker it. Any probs, shout.

Its pretty easy to build the sx. I would say as a tip, and I always do it, cut the black wire off and solder it to the other position for reverse polarity protection. And also take it easy on the screen. To much pushing around and it might knacker it. Any probs, shout.

cheers for that, what do you think on bit sizes? for that switch/510/screen I'll probably add them on the order as mine are shite.

Got allot of reading to do before I pickup my iron that's for sure.

12mm switch needs a 12mm drill, 16mm switch .... And the 510 is about 10mm. Not sure about a round hole for the screen though. Probably best to cut it about 16mm and attach a battery to the chips so the screen lights up and offer it up.

yup I dont plan things well but I am going to give this a bash but after some pointers, previous experience minimal can solder all I have done in the vape world is swap out a 510 for a fatdaddy my tools consist of a soldering iron and hmm a drill lol.

At first the plan was dual 18650 mech

So far got the following coming tomorrow allot done quickly at work without too much thought so no doubt some disasters here:

Hammond 1590BOR 112x60x31 (probably a shite choice)
Keystone 2 x Battery Holder 18650
OCD copper spring loaded 510 (wanted a fatdaddy and at time didnt see @Seedy had lavitubes which I will use instead
I have some 1.5mm and 2.5mm cable from modmaker ordered ages ago
12mm chrome anti vandal (no longer being used will use 16mm Stainless Push Button Anti Vandal Momentary from modmaker
Forgot to order a mosfet earlier today and now thinking sod it go sx350 in basket along with button and 510
shinkwrap in basket
epoxy in basket
solder in basket

Thinking best drill bit sizes for above button and 510 and chip dont have the skill to go square heh?

Still need to see how to wire that keystone in series and general wiring on chip which I say with pinch of salt the chip looks more do-able for a knacker like me than the DNA.

Ordered from two different stores today and got one order to do with @Seedy then this disaster will commence over the weekend, can you think of anything I am missing here other than my lack of skill and the old drill bit sizes I can do round holes heh :)

This sounded like a great idea first thing this morning.............

Any help greatly received this is not going to be pretty.

Rob

If you need the box machining just let me know I can do it, Ive done a lot 1590B's.

20141013_132754_zps0376a86f.jpg

10711119_805950989427382_1367307053173415991_n.jpg

Thanks both sorry thought the mm was the outer part of the switch not internal diameter me being thick cheers.

Those boxes look fab I wasnt sure if I ordered the right size if I am honest, mine will be rough and ready no doubt :)

This is what I ordered thinking at least I dont have to get it painted, but I may have to order another one after I mess the first one up heh

Hammond Aluminium 'Stomp Box' Enclosure Orange 1590BOR (112 x 60 x 31mm) | Rapid Online

Thanks both sorry thought the mm was the outer part of the switch not internal diameter me being thick cheers.

Those boxes look fab I wasnt sure if I ordered the right size if I am honest, mine will be rough and ready no doubt :)

This is what I ordered thinking at least I dont have to get it painted, but I may have to order another one after I mess the first one up heh

Hammond Aluminium 'Stomp Box' Enclosure Orange 1590BOR (112 x 60 x 31mm) | Rapid Online
You may be right there. Get your ruler out ;-)

Fingers crossed for more exciting post tomorrow switch n 510 not being used as ordered different ones, battery caddy is great (did I just say that out loud lol)

DSC_0662.jpg

Back
Top Bottom