What's new

damascus stabwood mod to be sold at cost to one lucky ape

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
Damascus

"Damascus steel was the forged steel comprising the blades of swords smithed in the Near East from ingots of wootz steel[1] imported from India and Sri Lanka. These swords are characterized by distinctive patterns of banding and mottling reminiscent of flowing water. Such blades were reputed to be tough, resistant to shattering, and capable of being honed to a sharp, resilient edge.[2]"

Damascus Steel

It was not purity but impurity
that lent strength to these swords,
ingots of iron with carbon
traced in tungsten and vanadium.

Folds upon folds ran through each blade,
rivers of darkness and light
shimmering like moonbeams on water.

Stronger and sharper than plain steel,
these edges bent without breaking,
cut without dulling.

Say that history found and lost a treasure,
say that Greece and Syria exchanged hidden wisdom,
say that the broken god of the forge came down
and showed men how to make something imperfect
that outperformed anything perfect.

Say what you will, but remember,
once there was steel finer than silk fabric
and all the science of our latter days
cannot uncover its making,
only let us marvel at the tiny features
that enclose its secrets like so many walls.

Realy.....

what a load of tosh...

"that's hard stu is your head getting too big again"

no, it fits in this room quite well but Damascus yep well there is steel and stainless steel and carbon steel and this and that....

I bumped into a friend of mine who is a cracking blacksmith he had an ask, he wanted a bucket of mud. yep that's right mud, not any old mud but clay dug down deep

we have been doing deep excavation work at the arboretum ready to plant new trees

did you know every tree I cut down I plant 4 to replace it.... I told this to my good friend Mr trump on the phone he said "fake news we don't need trees we need more nukes"...... ahem

IMG_5788.jpg

here is the work I took a bucket of clay from the side there are also bands of different clay as well which you can see

he is going to use the stuff when he makes up a sword/knife etc he will use it to protect the edge so he can get the right temperature in the forge all very technical but he knows what he's doing

in return, he gave me this which he says he "picked up" its too thin for him

IMG_5914.jpg

its a piece of damascus steel made with the aid of unicorns milk, in the Arabian fires, in a cave on a hillside powered by the breath of a dragon....

well no, in fact, it looks like some mild steel with a bit of tool steel some nickel chromium folded and had the shite knocked out of it in a drop forge the pattern is familiar, like two wheels familiar yep I think when it was folded a motorbike chain was inserted to get the pattern this I have no problem with as its a skillful craft

what I'm going to do if I can is mill the thickness down then use a section as a faceplate with a nice bit of my own hybrid stabwood (made in the same cave as the dragon etc)

here's the thing, I will sell this mod at cost to one ape

the mod will be a yihi sx485j board single 18650 the mod will be a long process so I'm not knocking it out in a day plus it's my work, I do not as you know outsource blocks or plates, neither do I get mates or my works, to make them it's all me.

so if your up for it and fancy a really different mod drop me a message

otherwise

if you love my unicorn milk Damascus steel, then like it, buy one

Buggar. Guessed right with the Damascus but bank manager says no :17::17:.
Looking forward to the progress photos :thumbup:

Damascus

"Damascus steel was the forged steel comprising the blades of swords smithed in the Near East from ingots of wootz steel[1] imported from India and Sri Lanka. These swords are characterized by distinctive patterns of banding and mottling reminiscent of flowing water. Such blades were reputed to be tough, resistant to shattering, and capable of being honed to a sharp, resilient edge.[2]"

Damascus Steel

It was not purity but impurity
that lent strength to these swords,
ingots of iron with carbon
traced in tungsten and vanadium.

Folds upon folds ran through each blade,
rivers of darkness and light
shimmering like moonbeams on water.

Stronger and sharper than plain steel,
these edges bent without breaking,
cut without dulling.

Say that history found and lost a treasure,
say that Greece and Syria exchanged hidden wisdom,
say that the broken god of the forge came down
and showed men how to make something imperfect
that outperformed anything perfect.

Say what you will, but remember,
once there was steel finer than silk fabric
and all the science of our latter days
cannot uncover its making,
only let us marvel at the tiny features
that enclose its secrets like so many walls.

Realy.....

what a load of tosh...

"that's hard stu is your head getting too big again"

no, it fits in this room quite well but Damascus yep well there is steel and stainless steel and carbon steel and this and that....

I bumped into a friend of mine who is a cracking blacksmith he had an ask, he wanted a bucket of mud. yep that's right mud, not any old mud but clay dug down deep

we have been doing deep excavation work at the arboretum ready to plant new trees

did you know every tree I cut down I plant 4 to replace it.... I told this to my good friend Mr trump on the phone he said "fake news we don't need trees we need more nukes"...... ahem

View attachment 169074

here is the work I took a bucket of clay from the side there are also bands of different clay as well which you can see

he is going to use the stuff when he makes up a sword/knife etc he will use it to protect the edge so he can get the right temperature in the forge all very technical but he knows what he's doing

in return, he gave me this which he says he "picked up" its too thin for him

View attachment 169075

its a piece of damascus steel made with the aid of unicorns milk, in the Arabian fires, in a cave on a hillside powered by the breath of a dragon....

well no, in fact, it looks like some mild steel with a bit of tool steel some nickel chromium folded and had the shite knocked out of it in a drop forge the pattern is familiar, like two wheels familiar yep I think when it was folded a motorbike chain was inserted to get the pattern this I have no problem with as its a skillful craft

what I'm going to do if I can is mill the thickness down then use a section as a faceplate with a nice bit of my own hybrid stabwood (made in the same cave as the dragon etc)

here's the thing, I will sell this mod at cost to one ape

the mod will be a yihi sx485j board single 18650 the mod will be a long process so I'm not knocking it out in a day plus it's my work, I do not as you know outsource blocks or plates, neither do I get mates or my works, to make them it's all me.

so if your up for it and fancy a really different mod drop me a message

otherwise

if you love my unicorn milk Damascus steel, then like it, buy one
Oh God ..... oh God ...... oh God ...... oh God ..... oh God ........ :drool:

I've become addicted to a program called forged in fire. In reality, it's overdone American nonsense, however the bits where they are challenged to make knives and a weapon from history is incredibly interesting. They take things like bike chains, steel cable, ball bearings and turn them into pretty stunning blades.

Anywho, that will look absolutely stunning vapesmarter!

I've become addicted to a program called forged in fire. In reality, it's overdone American nonsense, however the bits where they are challenged to make knives and a weapon from history is incredibly interesting. They take things like bike chains, steel cable, ball bearings and turn them into pretty stunning blades.

Anywho, that will look absolutely stunning vapesmarter!

It will kill ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Back
Top Bottom