What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

considering an isolation project....

fil

Postman
Hi Please feel free to shoot this down if i am overlooking something basic.. Yes i am too lazy to do the homework - its easier to ask.. ;)

As i was pottering about today i came across a few bits n bobs and thought Hmmm i could make a mod from these.. i have a TP120 n-channel mosfet a number of dev boards capable of outputting a pwm signal esp9266/arduino/stm32 etc... an esp8266-12 is probably the smallest with suitable exposed i/o a tp4056 usb lipo charge board .. and numeros microswitches.. a few small spi/i2c oled displays and a 3d printer with a spool of pla..

Now pla isnt the most heat capable fdm material but an offcut of copper tube flapened in the vice could? perhaps provide a suitable heatsink ??

I might be able to salvage a 510 connector from an old dodgy tube mod clone? Or perhaps hack a 510 heatsink extension.. (not sure im calling that beast the right name its a heatsink to screw in under your atty on a mod with fins to cool the atty?? )

The half baked plan is to hook the battery upto the 510 via the tp120 and use the dev board to take input from 3 x micro switches up/down/on-fire, and perhaps a oled for current setting ( 0-255 or rough Wattage value based on a static battery charge - real time wattage based on actual battery voltage might be a bit too much atm..)

would i be wasting time and effort or is a worthwhile working device achievable??

tia..

TBH I have no idea. Watching with interest though

did a little homework, and i may need to fudge the frequency 25khz ?? and may need a gate driver for the mosfet, I found an arduino solution on the web but its not petite..
inside.jpg

room for improvement perhaps...
a 1" oled is a LOT smaller than the 20 x 4 dispaly pictured above.. and if you ask me the dht22 and rtc are redundant,

LOL I lost you on the second line but really do enjoy what people can put their hand to. Please carry on & as long as it satisfies an itch, take no notice of naysayers.

bits collected so far..
1 x tp4056 charge + battery management board
1 x wemos D1 (borrowed from led lighting control
2 x momentary buttons for + and - power
1 x momentary button - Fire/On
1 x spi oled
1 x 18650 carrage
1 x tp125
1 x heatsink 510 extender?

49733664388_131043197d_c.jpg

What i have totally overlooked is that this will be capable of pwm-ing 'dimming' the 3.6-4.2v from the 18650, if more voltage is required an additional circuit/module to buck up the voltage may be neccesary?

And my 510 atty connector selection isnt gonna be easy to connect up to, although the centre pin is slotted like a screw it wont unscrew so a solder dollop on its head may not hold up under use??

And i will probably need some capacitors to cushion the hi power draw when fireing

And utube tells me i need more trannys.. if i use the tip125s,, gotta do a bit more homework ho-hum..

what do you want to put the arduino to do in this setup, wondering if you can make a step up as well generated by arduino.

Back
Top Bottom