What's new

cleaned up vamo a bit

Vern

Achiever
had a gunmetal vamo, finish was wearing off.

this was 280 grit sandpaper+water to create a brushed finish, wrapped around vamo and just sat spinning it in my hand for a few hours, dipping occasionally into water...note how the extension tube is silver but the rest is copper/brass/something yellow. Different metals were used in the factory.
I like it
IMG_20130811_163742.jpg
needs some sort of clearcoat now...researching...

edit: of course i took the whole thing apart and unsoldered etc before doing this:-)

Last edited:
had a gunmetal vamo, finish was wearing off.

this was 280 grit sandpaper+water to create a brushed finish, wrapped around vamo and just sat spinning it in my hand for a few hours, dipping occasionally into water...note how the extension tube is silver but the rest is copper/brass/something yellow. Different metals were used in the factory.
I like it
View attachment 10131
needs some sort of clearcoat now...researching...

Any chance of a closer look at the 'silver' bit? I only ask as I found mine to be all one colour, so you may have taken it to a different stage :P

i thought that...having worked out the colours underneath as
gunmetal--->silver--->something red --->brass/copper, which is what the rest of the mod did..

the extension tube I took off and did that seperately just to double check, for about 3 times as long..and it stayed silver. it went gunmetal--->silver and stayed there

this was a fasttech gunmetal v2 purchased about a month and a half ago...about 1 week before v3 was released

i thought that...having worked out the colours underneath as
gunmetal--->silver--->something red --->brass/copper, which is what the rest of the mod did..

the extension tube I took off and did that seperately just to double check, for about 3 times as long..and it stayed silver. it went gunmetal--->silver and stayed there

this was a fasttech gunmetal v2 purchased about a month and a half ago...about 1 week before v3 was released

That is strange...
When I did the chrome one I had a while ago, it went - Chrome-red (copper I believe) - Then brass. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom