What's new

calling all mech mods vapesmarter needs help

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
don't read and run !!!!!!

if you use a mech read on also if you browse the internet and seen the following comment

I have acquired some tube

not just any old tube

but heavy tube the last piece its old stock from my supplier it's a one-off piece I found it by chance it could be 45 years old we are not sure but it will make mech tubes (in fact it's so old he remembers his dad ordering it in and he's now 65)

it should be 7/8 th in new money that's 22..2mm but in fact, it measures 22mm bang on and is 18g so the internals are 18.9 mm that's a heavy baby

I'm about 3 miles above what I can do but if I can pull it off, how about a 22mm mech tube to fit a 18650 battery but the tube will be polished brass and will be although I don't know if I can even do this HAND ENGRAVED not the machine shite but the real deal by hand using the skills from an engraver I worked with 30 years ago its a hail mary shot but I think I can pull it off

but the problem I can tap the bottom and top for any thread but I need a fire button

that's where you guys come in

where can I get the internals or a fire button, magnet or spring to fit into the base of this mod which is best?

if I can do this it will be available on here to buy, a first for me and I hope a first for POTV and a fraction of those wannabes £300 mechs

and if I make one and it goes well the second one......oh sod it....... I will give away for free not even the postage will be charged, cased up for xmas to one lucky ape !!!!!!

that's a hand-engraved mech tube in brass 100% UK for potv apes ONLY

help vapesmarter to pull this off

you can purchase switches separately for a lot of the mechs available, you would have to look into the various 22mm mechs that are still about, like the paps, most mechs are 24mm at least these days

the thing is the switch is the most expensive part of a mech

you're are definitely challenging your self with this, a ver tough task indeed, tolerances are going to have to be awesome

you can purchase switches separately for a lot of the mechs available, you would have to look into the various 22mm mechs that are still about, like the paps, most mechs are 24mm at least these days

the thing is the switch is the most expensive part of a mech

you're are definitely challenging your self with this, a ver tough task indeed, tolerances are going to have to be awesome

vapesmarter laughs in the face of danger :11:

I know it's a hell of a task but I have nothing to lose I have the kit to do it (well somewhere it's in a box :17:)

Could just buy a cheap SMPL clone or something along those line and use the button out of that. Alternatively you could make it side firing switch which looks like it would be a lot easier to make from scratch

stainless-steel-TS-mod-GGTS-clone-mechanical-e-cigarette-malaysia-05-900x900.jpg

Oooh, a new @vapesmarter project. Yes the paps switches would work and are great switches to use. Possibly a little pricey though. I would maybe try and source some clone nemesis or clean me stingray buttons, they are also 22mm and will do a great job... [emoji16]

I'm working a little project on one of my mechs just now to replace part of the switch with a new/refinished

Will let your know how it goes as it's a really basic switch but works

@vapesmarter - your best starting point would be to watch a fair few mech reviews to have a swatch at the switches that are on the go. @Vaping Biker has got a fuck ton of videos and might even offer some advice on what makes a good switch.
You'll also need to keep in mind what sort of load whomever buys it ( ME!!!!) will put thro it.

If you have metal milling kit and some skillz in that department, which you seem to have in bucket loads!, some plightering and footering will give good results.

1, if you're going magnets, then make it decent thickness magnets that can be replaced as the wee bastards will break.
2, springs are fine, but need to be decent sized and a medium strength. And not cheap steel that rusts or weakens easily.
3, A clone switch on a hand made one off will be looked down upon.
4, Stingray and Nemi switches had them shitebag rice pins that were as annoying as drunken neighbours at 3am.
5, Simple yet sturdy and easy to maintain is what tae aim for. Fewer parts means less volt drop and easier swabbing!

If I had access to the kit I had in the Navy and any kind of skillz beyond being a gobshite, I'd take a look at the original Endless Clean switch and use that as my kick off. Aye, the SOI stylee clutch plates are cool, but a bit of a faff. An SMPL switch is fine for higher res builds and is quite small, but the magnets were delicate and the switch lacked much feel.

Rambling over, ohh dae ah need a coffee now!
Keep us updated on how things go, you have perked up the curiosity levels and I am more than happy to go organ harvesting to pay for this!

Back
Top Bottom