What's new

built a DIY mod today....

workshyfop

Achiever
been fancying building a DIY mod for quite a while. actually got round to doing it at long last. nothing exciting, just a dual 18650 DNA75.
thanks to Rob @stealthvape for super fast delivery and some good quality items.

its pretty straightforward, was finished in less than 15 minutes.

FAA500EB-3F17-4B82-BD63-E1ED56207439.jpeg
B0EA4BA3-25B0-4742-A47B-36E5546DC6B3.jpeg
6DE82371-15A8-4696-A9B2-BE9AD5B11B7E.jpeg

Like it!

Been toying with this idea for a while.

to be honest, by the time you buy all the parts it doesn't work out much cheaper than buying a brand new Therion DNA75 (when they were still available) but i suppose its the satisfaction of doing it yourself and knowing that all the components are good quality.

at least you end up with something thats a little different to the mainstream, mass manufactured devices and also its easy to replace anything if it goes faulty.

Love it. Looks great, excellent choice in colour too. Great work. [emoji106]

it was the colour that really sold me on the idea, hadn't noticed the green previously on stealthvape and only saw the red, blue and black....i noticed the green this week and instantly filled the basket with the necessary bits!!

did originally use clear acrylic buttons to see the led through the fire button, but they sat flush which i wasn't so keen on and i thought they made it look a little less of a quality item than the metal ones so i replaced them with 1mm protruding metal ones.

to be honest, by the time you buy all the parts it doesn't work out much cheaper than buying a brand new Therion DNA75 (when they were still available) but i suppose its the satisfaction of doing it yourself and knowing that all the components are good quality.

at least you end up with something thats a little different to the mainstream, mass manufactured devices and also its easy to replace anything if it goes faulty.

It's not so much the cost (I'd be going DNA 250) it's more that I'm starting to prefer the simple look and if I've got four mods on the go all made from the same parts then repair rather than replace becomes the cost-saver.

That's a really good idea, I like the sound of this. May consider getting one myself

Back
Top Bottom