What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Boss Guitar pedal DNA and Evic Supreme box mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby LeRôhne

Postman
I am planning on making a Boss Guitar pedal DNA30 box mod like the Silver Steam Vapor SX350 mods when I can get a DNA40 for my rDNA preferably once the °C or switchable °C/°F board comes out.

Getting an Evic Supreme with a faulty switch. Thinking of making it into a hammond/edddystone box mod or a perhaps Boss pedal mod

Think the 30W Evic would make a decent box mod and a box would be a better form factor than tube with that big screen.

I wonder If I could run dual 18650s and use the on board charger.

Should be fairly simple to build, just change the 510 and add wiring for fire and up/down switches and an external usb connector for charging and MVR/flashing.

Will need to make a mount for the board and a cut a big window for that screen.

Last edited:
Wow, that's quite a few ideas you are playing with!

Shapeways is your friend for DNA board mounts.
You only need 4v input for DNA's so the charger will be fine for parallel 18650s.

Take look at the 1590B Hammond box, probably the easiest size to work with. The boss pedal MOD's look very nice too!

Sent from somewhere inside a huge cloud!

Thanks for the tip on those DNA mounts.

Fancied a Boss pedal mod after picking up my mates Boss Chromatic tuning pedal.

Thinking of a Chorus CE2 pedal

bosschorusce2.jpg

Its blue so would look good with the DNA screen, and could fit the screen vertically between the knobs:thumbup:
Tend to be expensive though :(

Need to source a momentary pot switchto keep the looks and fit a FDV V4 510.

Would be great if I could get source some broken pedals but Boss pedals are fairly reliable Chromatic tuners would be good as the face plate bolts in. Undrilled blank housings would be awesome, but that ain't going to happen.

Waiting to see what's happening with the Evic S to strip the board and make it in to something.

Thanks for the tip on those DNA mounts.

Fancied a Boss pedal mod after picking up my mates Boss Chromatic tuning pedal.

Thinking of a Chorus CE2 pedal

View attachment 36930

Its blue so would look good with the DNA screen, and could fit the screen vertically between the knobs:thumbup:
Tend to be expensive though :(

Need to source a momentary pot switchto keep the looks and fit a FDV V4 510.

Would be great if I could get source some broken pedals but Boss pedals are fairly reliable Chromatic tuners would be good as the face plate bolts in. Undrilled blank housings would be awesome, but that ain't going to happen.

Waiting to see what's happening with the Evic S to strip the board and make it in to something.

I would have gone for the Boss DS2 turbo myself, lol.

Great idea though.

The Boss pedal mod is going to be huge but the switch action on the pedal feels nice in the hand.

Might not bother with the side firing button where the output jack is, could block off the unused holes with JB Weld or similar.

A mates dad does airbrushing so could get him to do something with it, would like to use the Roland font for the buttons or I could use my CraftRobo vinyl cutter to make a mask/screen print it.

Thinking of mounting a chrome belt clip like off a Makita drill or something on the back plate perhaps spare back plate for that

It's not exactly going to be constant use mod, got the rDNA for that but will be great for use at home.

A 4 knob pedal like the DS2 Turbo would be good if there is space to mount the DNA screen horizontally using the original holes for the middle knobs as the ends of the screen window so it looks like a HANA screen cut out.

Last edited:
Just bought an old Boss PSM-5 pedal. Its a red pedal which is used to power and turn on/off other pedals, looks like it will be fine for what I want if for. Looks like this...
bosspsm5.jpg
Might get the shapeways DNA30 mounts, screen surround and USB charger port for it and fit a FDV Mk4 510 to the top where the power out socket is and a keystone 18650 holder.

Haven't decided to fit momentary push switches in place of the guitar and amp jack sockets on the face of it or to get pots with momentary switches in them like the Silver Steam Mods Rockstar edition.

Only pots I can find with momentary switches are the Shadow electronics ones which are around £20 each. Might just go with switches to keep the cost down, could always upgrade later.

The display should fit vertically between the switches where the power in socket is need to wait for it to come to see how its going to fit together. Might make it dual 18650 or perhaps a single 18650 as I might be ale to change it by undoing the pedal screw like changing the 9v battery on the effect pedals.
bosspsm5cloudsbr-0.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom