What's new

Another boring DNA build

Shinyitis has been replaced with power toolitis for me. Drill press and other stuff is quickly filling up the place. Got designs on a mod similar to yours and can't wait for a few more tools to arrive so I can get stuck in.

Sent from somewhere just south on our nations capital.

Shinyitis has been replaced with power toolitis for me. Drill press and other stuff is quickly filling up the place. Got designs on a mod similar to yours and can't wait for a few more tools to arrive so I can get stuck in.

Sent from somewhere just south on our nations capital.

Will be nice to see what you come up with :)

I'm thinking that 50mm may be a bit small but they have some great 80mm and 100mm vices at Axminster.

50mm is a bit on the small size, I was looking at 75mm ones like this Axminster Super Precision Machine Vices - Drill Vices - Drilling Machines - Metal Working | Axminster.co.uk

Because robski got me all tool crazy I started a new project. Aluminum version and the inner guts will be cut out of polyoxymethylene plastic.

del_53.png

@BaDaBooM what program are you using for your 3D mock ups?

sketchup, but I wouldn't recommend it for designing models in. I would learn auto-cad or something similar first because if you ever want get you designs manufactured sketchup is too crude (don't to get too nerdy about the reasons why). I use sketchup because its fast and if I get design I like I will then draw all the components in auto-cad.

Back
Top Bottom