What's new

Am I a heretic?

Bryan123456

Achiever
I just wonder if I am a heretic? I have a UDT-L and am wondering what the performance difference between it and a high end mechanical mod are: answer - nothing. High end mechanical mods can be beautiful and beautifully engineered. But as the ultimate vaping device, they have to be pretty p*ss poor.

OK - I will concede, telescopic mods are a good idea. They are a good idea though whether a device is mechanical or electronic - they provide the scope to use different size and life batteries depending on need/availability and pocketability requirements. They do so with an elegant and simple efficiency. But that applies to both electronic and mechanical mods.

Otherwise - 100% mechanical mods are inherently flawed. Yes you can select (or wire) a coil to perfectly match the juice you want to vape with them and the head attachment to vape through. But, as the battery voltage falls through use, the power delivery falls too and it is tautological reason that the vape quality will change. 100% mechanical mods are therefore fundamentally flawed.

Add a voltage regulator and that can change - but fundamentally, what it is, is a battery box with a switch.

Last edited:
I just wonder if I am a heretic? I have a UDT-L and am wondering what the performance difference between it and a high end mechanical mod are: answer - nothing. High end mechanical mods can be beautiful and beautifully engineered. But as the ultimate vaping device, they have to be pretty p*ss poor.

OK - I will concede, telescopic mods are a good idea. They are a good idea though whether a device is mechanical or electronic - they provide the scope to use different size and life batteries depending on need/availability and pocketability requirements. They do so with an elegant and simple efficiency. But that applies to both electronic and mechanical mods.
:flames:

Otherwise - 100% mechanical mods are inherently flawed. Yes you can select (or wire) a coil to perfectly match the juice you want to vape with them and the head attachment to vape through. But, as the battery voltage falls through use, the power delivery falls too and it is tautological reason that the vape quality will change. 100% mechanical mods are therefore fundamentally flawed.

Add a voltage regulator and that can change - but fundamentally, what it is, is a battery box with a switch.

Lord Grim;91744[SIZE=4 said:
]Burn him!! He's a witch[/SIZE]!!!

:flames:

Sorted :) .

Put some water on the flames. I see one advantage with a mechanical mod, it has no electronics to break.
Apart from that, unless it looks beautiful, is a work of art, why not save money and buy a basic ego?:fishbowl:

I have a UDT-L and l find some juices are brill on it but some are bad, my menthol is excellent but VR is muted using 1.8 ohm vivi's, l love this mod so l'm going to get some .25 kanthal and try making some low res heads for a couple of my vivi's to boost the flavour, not sure if that'll work though so any input would be appreciated :)

Put some water on the flames. I see one advantage with a mechanical mod, it has no electronics to break.
Apart from that, unless it looks beautiful, is a work of art, why not save money and buy a basic ego?:fishbowl:
My ego and E-2 twists are my go to devices out of the house l love them to bits :grin2:

I have a UDT-L and l find some juices are brill on it but some are bad, my menthol is excellent but VR is muted using 1.8 ohm vivi's, l love this mod so l'm going to get some .25 kanthal and try making some low res heads for a couple of my vivi's to boost the flavour, not sure if that'll work though so any input would be appreciated :)

There are two ways, I think, to improve performance and enjoyment when you are limited by what your battery gives you. Use a low resistance coil (I think you noost power by going to 1 ohm, even heard of going as low as 0.8 ohms although that looks like almost a short) or use a dripping atty.
Rebuildable atties in general tend to give good flavour but you have to get over the learning curve of making mesh wicks and even coils with no hotspots. For the best flavour I drip, but that's often mot practical when you don't want to refill every few minutes.
Of course if there's room you could add a kick.

I do use clearos and vivis for no-faff going out atties, but with mostly vv/vw mods I just adjust the power and go for high resistance coils.
But I have some low res ones for use with my back-up egos.

Hey, I like a good mechanical mod, it doesn't have anything to go wrong with it that can't be easily fixed. And egos are very handy as well as being the entry device for most who have a vape shop in the area.
In fact if I find a good tin I'll make one, maybe using the connector from a busted cheap bad ego clone, I know it is useful for something.:whiteflag:

Back
Top Bottom