What's new

Alien Egg mod (not just the coil :P)

Project

Initiate
Alright boys and girls,

Figured id start a dedicated thread for this build. Though I can't but help pop a few pics in the 3D printing thread.

Here's my first mod build. From the popular Alien movie franchise, I present the egg ann summers doesn't sell.

IMG_5449.jpg

Now she's fresh off the print bed here. Ive removed the support material but thats about it. gotta get some sanding, filling and painting done before she's ready for the ball.

In the post is a DNA 75 board
Varitube 18650 holder
Black 16mm green led ring fire switch
Acrylic 510 lens (in case you were wondering what the two holes either side of the 510 adapter hole were, more LEDS!!!)
V2 Varitube 22mm slotted spring loaded 510 connector in black

Ive got a fair bit of room in there, plenty of space for wiring up everything. limited access through the bottom but I didn't want to compromise the shell more than I had to with the fire switch, OLED screen slot etc...

Ill keep things up to date on here, should be fun for my first build. Definitely one for the weekend though :P

CJ

Attachments

• IMG_5441.jpg
    IMG_5441.jpg
    974.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_5443.jpg
    IMG_5443.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_5444.jpg
    IMG_5444.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_5445.jpg
    IMG_5445.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 167
  • IMG_5448.jpg
    IMG_5448.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_5450.jpg
    IMG_5450.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
Bit of light sanding with some 400 grit to knock the peeks off the layers. Hit it with the first coat of filler primer. Once that's set I'll go in and sand with 400, then some 800. That should get rid of most of the layer lines. Then I can chuck some proper paint on it.

All the goodies showed up yesterday. So once the paint is done I can start wiring. Getting into this :D. Already thought of a few more strange mod designs.

CJ

Attachments

• IMG_5451.JPG
    IMG_5451.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 118
It's looking great, what filament did you use out of interest.

Thanks! I more or less only use colorfabb now. I order direct from them. Their PLA/PHA mix is wonderful stuff. Even if it is a little more per roll.

The print details (speeds and feeds etc...) are on the 3D printing forum if you're into that sort of nerdy stuff :P.

CJ

Last edited:
Quick update on this. Got it primed and sent off to a friend whom insisted he get to paint it :P. He has finally had time to get to it, just waiting for clear coat.

CJ

Attachments

• Alien Egg.png
    Alien Egg.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
Back
Top Bottom