What's new

510 connection

Dennis-vc

Postman
Not really a modder question, but I was hoping you guys could help me out: I just bought a mod and when screwing on some attys I noticed that the last 1-1 1/2 turn goes quite difficult (like I have to gently push my atty down while screwing it in). I did some research on what type of 510 connection might be and I'm pretty sure it's this one: https://www.steelabs.it/en/glitch/780-glitch-510-16-non-bf.html

It's supposed to be a self-adjusting connector but I don't really know how this works. Is this safe with longer 510 pins?

Not really a modder question, but I was hoping you guys could help me out: I just bought a mod and when screwing on some attys I noticed that the last 1-1 1/2 turn goes quite difficult (like I have to gently push my atty down while screwing it in). I did some research on what type of 510 connection might be and I'm pretty sure it's this one: https://www.steelabs.it/en/glitch/780-glitch-510-16-non-bf.html

It's supposed to be a self-adjusting connector but I don't really know how this works. Is this safe with longer 510 pins?
Self adjusting means it's a spring loaded 510 pin. Easiest way to check is press down on the pin with a small screwdriver or tweezers with battery removed. You should feel it compress & return smoothly. Using an attie gasket can help with long 510 threaded atomizers https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/product/clear-atty-swirl-gaskets/

Self adjusting means it's a spring loaded 510 pin. Easiest way to check is press down on the pin with a small screwdriver or tweezers with battery removed. You should feel it compress & return smoothly. Using an attie gasket can help with long 510 threaded atomizers https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/product/clear-atty-swirl-gaskets/
I have a 510 protector on there but it's as thin as it gets, really happy to see that this one is 0.5mm thick so this should resolve my concern.
Just read a bit more about this type of 510 connection and there's no spring in there, instead it relies on the elastic properties of the insulator material to return back to its original height. I've never seen this before and that explains why the 510 pin is hard to push down. I'm all about safety so I'd like to hear some opinions on this type of connection. I'd have no issue swapping it out for a better one if it turns out to be unreliable.

I have a 510 protector on there but it's as thin as it gets, really happy to see that this one is 0.5mm thick so this should resolve my concern.
Just read a bit more about this type of 510 connection and there's no spring in there, instead it relies on the elastic properties of the insulator material to return back to its original height. I've never seen this before and that explains why the 510 pin is hard to push down. I'm all about safety so I'd like to hear some opinions on this type of connection. I'd have no issue swapping it out for a better one if it turns out to be unreliable.
Check the 510s on Stealthvape or Modmaker. I've used their squonk versions with no issues & not heard of any problems with standard. A few modmakers use them so must be ok :)2

You could also maybe try a beauty ring on there to remove the gap between the mod and attie...
Does say the 510 should get easier the more you use it...
What’s the mod ??

You could also maybe try a beauty ring on there to remove the gap between the mod and attie...
Does say the 510 should get easier the more you use it...
What’s the mod ??
It's an Insider mini from Infinity mods. My Kayfun Lite fits perfectly with only 1/2 turn to properly tighten it down, but the 510 pin of my Dvarw is about 0.5mm longer and I don't feel comfortable using too much force. It's still a 3D printed mod and I'd be gutted to cause damage by doing this.
I ordered the 510 protectors so those should give me the 0.5mm that I'm looking for. Can't find any problems with this type of 510 connector so that eases my mind.

It's an Insider mini from Infinity mods. My Kayfun Lite fits perfectly with only 1/2 turn to properly tighten it down, but the 510 pin of my Dvarw is about 0.5mm longer and I don't feel comfortable using too much force. It's still a 3D printed mod and I'd be gutted to cause damage by doing this.
I ordered the 510 protectors so those should give me the 0.5mm that I'm looking for. Can't find any problems with this type of 510 connector so that eases my mind.
Not a good idea to force it, just hope it gets easy as you use it, I’m sure the 510 connector will be fine, steel labs is part of moddog, so high quality stuff, I’m sure they would of done plenty of testing before release, if it was mine, it’s not something I would attempt to change on such an expensive mod...

Not a good idea to force it, just hope it gets easy as you use it, I’m sure the 510 connector will be fine, steel labs is part of moddog, so high quality stuff, I’m sure they would of done plenty of testing before release, if it was mine, it’s not something I would attempt to change on such an expensive mod...
It's not like I'd love to do it, I'm just very careful when it comes to mods and batteries. I feel comfortable using it based on the input I've received from you, but I'll hold off using attys with longer 510 pins until I receive the new protectors. Thanks for your help!

It's not like I'd love to do it, I'm just very careful when it comes to mods and batteries. I feel comfortable using it based on the input I've received from you, but I'll hold off using attys with longer 510 pins until I receive the new protectors. Thanks for your help!
No worries, nice looking mod too...

No worries, nice looking mod too...
Yes it is! Really happy with my purchase :)
eo7s8rfjdox6e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom