What's new

3d printing a mod

I was going for 100% 3d printed with as little post processing as possible basically, all parts either finished or all one piece after printing. Which using a cheap 3d printer makes very challenging, as I'm sure you have discovered.

And yes, I could just download and print someone else's design, but I wanted something unique that I had made and assembled, but also something that didn't look like shit.
I ran into this sight, dunno if it would b any use for u. If u do a search for 'vape' ppl are already printing billet box parts and stuff. Seems like there is a lot of info on it as well

(Sorry, forgot the link, duh)
https://i.materialise.com/en/how-it-works

I ran into this sight, dunno if it would b any use for u. If u do a search for 'vape' ppl are already printing billet box parts and stuff. Seems like there is a lot of info on it as well

(Sorry, forgot the link, duh)
https://i.materialise.com/en/how-it-works
I ended up sending the bits off to vapesmarter to have something a bit nicer made in the end. Still got some ideas in the pipeline but I need some custom contacts made for them which I sent off for a quote and never heard back, so I've just put them aside till I can get a few bits to try making something myself.

I ended up sending the bits off to vapesmarter to have something a bit nicer made in the end. Still got some ideas in the pipeline but I need some custom contacts made for them which I sent off for a quote and never heard back, so I've just put them aside till I can get a few bits to try making something myself.
What is alumide, or aluminide?

N/m, i see...i was hoping for clear aluminum. Why the heck havent they started making that stuff? Scotty gave us the instructions back in the 90's

What is alumide, or aluminide?

N/m, i see...i was hoping for clear aluminum. Why the heck havent they started making that stuff? Scotty gave us the instructions back in the 90's
Alumide is a lovely material. It's very tactile in the hand and hard wearing. Unfortunately imat are the only ones I know that do it. I've looked for someone in the UK who does it but came up with nothing.
The mod on the left is one of mine and printed in alumide.
IMG_20210328_134313.jpg

Back
Top Bottom