What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

1st mod, power problem.

As ego's have PCB's to regulate the voltage, the wire can be thinner, as little as 32 awg (7/0.08), however you need a horn switch which is regulated for between 1A and 3A so you will need something that can carry the voltage like 24 awg (7/0.2mm) I get mine here

Also there is a great guide here

Those are the guides I used, and my horn came from stealthvape, so I knew his horn switch was up for the job.
I am inclined to agree with you, maybe the wire supplied with the battery box is too thin, but they are for an 18650 battery so would have thought the wire would have suited.
I have enclosed some photos of my mod, pre installing so wiring is clear..... We'll as clear as an iPad can take, which is pants lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381478172.604863.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1381478182.636933.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1381478189.249450.jpg

What battery is that? Is it the perspective of the photo but it looks smaller than a 18650

stealthvape You observant fecker pmsl. Yes it's a modified 18650 battery house cut down to fit an 18350.
The reason is, no bloody fucker stocks an 18350 house lol.
It's possible about the soldering, I'm not an expert, but I'm quite satisfied in layin full blame on you for ceasing to sell prewired connecters hehe.
I am of course kidding, us lazy gits should do our own work, but my excuse will suffice ;)

Don't know if this helps but I always solder the negative (black -ve) to the outer wall of the 510 connector and use heat shrink to cover the last little part of the center post, both your wires look very close in the picture.
I do it this way
Internal crop.jpg
@yodadude Have you went round all the connections with a multimeter to see which connection is causing the drop?

Last edited:
A multimeter is on my list. I thought I'd be ok with my setup as basic as it is. Unfortunatly, the "case" it's going in, is a
hard rubber figure, and everything will be sliding in from the bottom. The connector will be put in last from its top so the hole is tight to fit to show no gaps.

I think, I'll put this away on hold until I get a multimeter. it will be clearer then. I think I was hoping there was an obvious error on my part being pointed out to me lol.

@stealthvape You observant fecker pmsl. Yes it's a modified 18650 battery house cut down to fit an 18350.
The reason is, no bloody fucker stocks an 18350 house lol.
It's possible about the soldering, I'm not an expert, but I'm quite satisfied in layin full blame on you for ceasing to sell prewired connecters hehe.
I am of course kidding, us lazy gits should do our own work, but my excuse will suffice ;)

Those pre wired connectors were the bane of my life, especially when I'd just made 50 and someone bought the lot.

Those pre wired connectors were the bane of my life, especially when I'd just made 50 and someone bought the lot.

I think you're quite right there. If we're going to be bold enough to build our own mods, we should at least be bold enough to solder too.
Other than that, if some cheeky feck buys 50 in 1 go, obviously they're selling them on, and now they've lost out.

I've located the volt drop to where the wire connects the negative coil in the box (It gets warm when activated. resolder that I think, and failing that, find a way of putting a thicker spring in.

I think you're quite right there. If we're going to be bold enough to build our own mods, we should at least be bold enough to solder too.
Other than that, if some cheeky feck buys 50 in 1 go, obviously they're selling them on, and now they've lost out.

I've located the volt drop to where the wire connects the negative coil in the box (It gets warm when activated. resolder that I think, and failing that, find a way of putting a thicker spring in.

Back
Top Bottom