What's new

1st mod, power problem.

yodadude

Postman
Just made my first mod. The housing is a rubber ornament. The parts came from Stealthvape (I'm only explaining my parts), the gold sealed connecter, green horn button and standard 18650 battery box (Amazon).

It's the most basic of setups: bat+ to centre pin. switch- to connecter-.
Switch + to bat-. Job done.

Fresh battery, a working 1.5 dripper (puffin great on an ego), and when I press the button, it's pumping out what looks like 1 volt.
There is vapour but like a 4 ohm coil on an ego.

I don't have a multimeter, just a vamo. Clearly i'm losing voltage somewhere.
Any Ideas?

Just the ones that came with the battery box. I know it's thicker than ego wire, but i'd guess it's 0.6mm. the wire from the switch to 510 connecter is 1.5mm.

Battery neg to connector neg. Battery + to switch, switch to connector centre pin

It's the most basic of setups: bat+ to centre pin. switch- to connecter-.
Switch + to bat-. Job done.

Negative to outside of connector, battery + to switch, switch to connector centre pin. Is that what you've done?

As ego's have PCB's to regulate the voltage, the wire can be thinner, as little as 32 awg (7/0.08), however you need a horn switch which is regulated for between 1A and 3A so you will need something that can carry the voltage like 24 awg (7/0.2mm) I get mine here

Also there is a great guide here

Last edited:
Negative to outside of connector, battery + to switch, switch to connector centre pin. Is that what you've done?

No, the switch is between connecter negative and battery negative. Battery positive goes straight to connecter positive (center pin).

No, the switch is between connecter negative and battery negative. Battery positive goes straight to connecter positive (center pin).

Good job you boys have a woman to keep an eye on ya!

And yoda, you really do need a multimeter.

Back
Top Bottom