What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

18350 battery sled?

MetalVape90

Achiever
I’m just looking on Aliexpress for an 18350 battery sled and I’ve spotted a few that’ll fit in my Hana Modz Mini V3 with a few modifications done to the sled. I’m just wondering if the CR123 sled will be able to hold an 18350 battery cause they look the most promising fit for refitting the Hana Modz mini V3 to take an 18350.

Not realy sure but this one looks near enough the same as the cr battery holder I can see on aliexpress

Screenshot_20210526-165858_AliExpress.jpg

Or this one from modmaker

https://www.modmaker.com/battery-sl...battery-sled#/140-contact_type-type_1_204_238

Problem is with that sled is the terminals at the base and that could short out in the Hana Modz mini V3 aluminium enclosure. Need something more like this where there’s no metal that could be exposed on the enclosure.
16590707-005D-4848-9E6F-89C18D9FF85C.jpeg

A276CC96-BE25-441B-98C1-054225D1E012.jpeg

Just ordered this sled from Modmaker.co.uk since it fits the bill of what I’m looking for to refit the Hana Modz.
2D3EA996-1646-473E-A7F9-8F6336F7F213.jpeg

Problem is with that sled is the terminals at the base and that could short out in the Hana Modz mini V3 aluminium enclosure. Need something more like this where there’s no metal that could be exposed on the enclosure.
View attachment 247659
View attachment 247658

Was just going to say you can cut the tabs so they don't stick down I've done it with that type of sled in 18650 form in a metal mod but just seen your other reply about the modmaker one should be all good with that one cant wait to see wat you do with it

Was just going to say you can cut the tabs so they don't stick down I've done it with that type of sled in 18650 form in a metal mod but just seen your other reply about the modmaker one should be all good with that one cant wait to see wat you do with it
I’ve also ordered some 3mm width black satin ribbon to use as a battery pull tab that I’ll gorilla glue on to the sled so it makes removing the battery easier. Got to do some filing to the sled so everything fits. Also cut off the male ends of the Li-Po battery wiring so I won’t need to re-wire the chip. Just simply solder what needs to be soldered on the sled, plug into the chip and glue the sled in place. It should work.

Back
Top Bottom