What's new

1550P DNA 30 build - MY MAJOR DESIGN FLAW

Duffloop

Postman
EDIT: Ah yes well - let me explain with this little picture...

short.jpg

Something I overlooked - Case has button guides - right above my battery case, both sides! - Shorted the battery!

Even that overlapping ridge might prove a bit dodgy.

--------------

Got a bunch o stuff from Stealthvapes and Modmakers, DNA chip from one of those knackered Elev8Vape cases. Now to mush it all together...

Hmm, display on the front? side's gonna be a bit cluttered? Forget the USB charger?

Gonna need a bit of plastic to set back those naughty little up n down buttons...

15883086478_6ea510f09b_b.jpg

Question: what about attaching the Ground to that VT nut - I mean it's gonna spin, do it after fixing?

Last edited:
I machined one of those enclosures last week for the same setup.

You could make life a lot easier by using a smaller charger Micro USB 700 mAh Charger and for the up/down buttons Silver Spherical Actuator Tactile Switch these are easy to mount, use a 5.2mm drill bit for the holes and they should just press fit.

turns out that bigger USB port fits quite snug (and my mini one is spoken for ;-)

I see what you mean about the buttons but was gonna try for a flush, fully countersunk approach - those spherical ones are gonna stick out (plus was wanting black buttons.)

Thing is, if it don't work out, the holes for the one below are 3.5mm so can revert to the silver ones.

Ere - is there a tool/drill bit that can do flat countersinks like in the pic? or am i stuck with sloped sides?

15884820480_657f8c5c16_c.jpg

hmm countersinking - walls of this box is damn thin - might not be an option!

turns out that bigger USB port fits quite snug (and my mini one is spoken for ;-)

I see what you mean about the buttons but was gonna try for a flush, fully countersunk approach - those spherical ones are gonna stick out (plus was wanting black buttons.)

Thing is, if it don't work out, the holes for the one below are 3.5mm so can revert to the silver ones.

Ere - is there a tool/drill bit that can do flat countersinks like in the pic? or am i stuck with sloped sides?

15884820480_657f8c5c16_c.jpg

Hole on the picture looks like plastic but its easy to countersink them like that with an end mill. Like you said not much material to countersink ~1.2mm. If you are going for a flush look then the buttons you have are way too long.

Hole on the picture looks like plastic but its easy to countersink them like that with an end mill. Like you said not much material to countersink ~1.2mm. If you are going for a flush look then the buttons you have are way too long.

ahh an end mill eh, cheers.

yeh them switches are too long - was gonna back em up with plastic or just lop em off ;-) just seeing what i can do with what i've got at mo.

see what you mean about the usb chip too, fits but interferes with the lid vertically and horizontally it budges the dna up too far - hmm cloupor fix will have to wait!

15885155610_222bdfe433_c.jpg

I machined one of those enclosures last week for the same setup.

You could make life a lot easier by using a smaller charger Micro USB 700 mAh Charger and for the up/down buttons Silver Spherical Actuator Tactile Switch these are easy to mount, use a 5.2mm drill bit for the holes and they should just press fit.

you're damn right that tiny usb charger makes it a helluvalot easier to budge things around...

15887206527_f8e057777d_c.jpg

even horizontally that biggi weren't gonna work...

16072152732_7ec20e8275_c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom