What's new

0.45 Kanthal

the free wire is Ribbon Kathal ( i have a roll here i got from them over a month ago ) takes a few seconds longer to heat up but used it for a 3 wrap on my RSST and works great. Im just waiting on my order from them which i ordered on 11th of some .32 kanthal but as usual postie seems to have gone walkabout ( same happened with my first order with them that failed to arrive and they shipped out replacement immediately Kudos to Chris at The vape mesh.) also forum members if you email them get a lifetime 5% discount and they are running special offers as well up into december as well as doing starter packs for a tenner. you really cant argue with the quality and 5m of kanthal for under £2 and there SS mesh is great value too

Raguri I use 0.2 kanthal in twisted pairs by dragging off a longish length,grip the 2 ends in pliers/mole grips & hang a weight off the loop,then simply spin the weight until either end snaps off(usually the loop so watch your toes)I've tried 2 x twisted pairs(making a quad stranded length)but my VV PCB wanted to melt its way out the box so decided not to try much more than a quick blast on the power button.I've forgotten what ohms it was but think it was under 0.5.I went hunting for my car charger to see what it was drawing in current,but it only reads to 5 amps & my multimeter that could read upto 10 amps died :(

I get different freebies every time I order. Comparing the last freebie that wasn't marked, I reckon it may be .32. I'd better get coiling and test it out ;)

Well, 4 wraps of 0.2 should only give you 1 ohm... So sounds like you had one hell of a short! :eek:
And, Difference wise - Yes.
Infact, I'm sold on twisted coils.
Flavour - Improved (forgot one of my bottles of tobacco had some chocolate in until now!)
Vapour wise - Improved. (that video's of a SINGLE coil igoL with 2 2mm wicks :P
Fun - Yes

How I managed to twist in the end (Pliers have gone walkies thanks to my brother who's now moved out)
Hold ends in teeth, and loop it around a screwdriver and spin that :P

get some piliers or grips fella dont want you pulling out your teeth :D

Glad to help :P

Last time I ordered they sent me some un-marked wire. Comparing it against the new free wire, it is about in the middle between .2 and .45.
I just did a 6 coil wrap and it came in at 0.7ohms. Any guess at the thickness of this old freebie?

Last time I ordered they sent me some un-marked wire. Comparing it against the new free wire, it is about in the middle between .2 and .45.
I just did a 6 coil wrap and it came in at 0.7ohms. Any guess at the thickness of this old freebie?

0.32 ;)

Well, 4 wraps of 0.2 should only give you 1 ohm... So sounds like you had one hell of a short! :eek:

Not wraps,4 strands of 0.2 twisted together to make a multi-strand cable

Not wraps,4 strands of 0.2 twisted together to make a multi-strand cable

Ruddy grey writing ;)
But yeah, that's what I meant :P
4 wraps 0.2 = 2 ohms (Ish)
4 wraps twisted = 1 ohm (Halved ish)
:)

EDIT: Chegs and MadTz

I managed it!
Dual coil 6 wrap 0.2 twisted :D
MY GOD!
http://youtu.be/AJ7gbkv9sM4

Last edited: