What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

0.45 Kanthal

RicModMaker

Vendor
Those lovely people at The Vape Mesh Company have given me a freeebie with my order.
I ordered some mesh and wire the other day and they've thrown in a reel of 0.45 wire.
Is this any good to use? It seems a bit thick to me or is it me that's thick? Probably both ;)

Those lovely people at The Vape Mesh Company have given me a freeebie with my order.
I ordered some mesh and wire the other day and they've thrown in a reel of 0.45 wire.
Is this any good to use? It seems a bit thick to me or is it me that's thick? Probably both ;)

I think people use the higher gauge wire for micro coils?

Check on their website or email and find out the ohms per metre, you can work out from there what it would be :)

i think that equates to 25 g , ive seen peeps using 26 g which is .40mm , think .45 will be a bit hard to work with .

Check on their website or email and find out the ohms per metre, you can work out from there what it would be :)

Just checked and it doesn't say. Any idea if this is any good to use?
I've only coiled with 0.2 and 0.3x0.1 ribbon.
I'll probably blow myself up if I use this gear or I'll only get 1 wrap for something like 2ohms.
Maybe it's best to use it for dual coils?

You bugger!
I ordered a ton of stuff, and got a 20m reel of 0.2! Haven't used that in months!
However, I do believe that a 10-12 wrap microcoil MIGHT be usable... I struggle enough with 0.32 to wrap a nice neat coil..
If you wrap a 4 coil, and use something to check the ohms, you can then work out the rough ohms/wrap on that diameter wick... That's how I do it anyway...

EDIT: DO NOT USE THIS FOR DUAL COILS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
Thicker wire - Less resistance!

You bugger!
I ordered a ton of stuff, and got a 20m reel of 0.2! Haven't used that in months!
However, I do believe that a 10-12 wrap microcoil MIGHT be usable... I struggle enough with 0.32 to wrap a nice neat coil..
If you wrap a 4 coil, and use something to check the ohms, you can then work out the rough ohms/wrap on that diameter wick... That's how I do it anyway...

EDIT: DO NOT USE THIS FOR DUAL COILS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
Thicker wire - Less resistance!

I'll give it a go and let you know. Might need my pliers to bend it round. Hopefully I won't meet god ;)

I'll give it a go and let you know. Might need my pliers to bend it round. Hopefully I won't meet god ;)

Top tip - Flame it before you coil, makes it a little bit easier!
Also, Make sure you tell me what you get... I'm trying to get a 0.5ohm single coil for the hell of it :P

Back
Top Bottom