PDA

View Full Version : CE5 - CE4 V3 Rebuild

whit77
20th February 2013, 08:42
Hi can anyone advise me on what wire and wick to use from the market place, currently my heads have 3 wicks, can I rebuild useing one thicker one for example and I see some wire in ohm and point of a mm, and I've also seen mesh,what's it used for confused.com
haha :)
Any help advice appreciated guys

whit77
20th February 2013, 18:18
Anybody?? :(

Mark
20th February 2013, 18:22
I'm no great rebuilder and never rebuilt a CE anything. Pretty sure you won't need mesh though. Stealthvape would be my port of call on the marketplace for the wire. People like different Guages and it comes down to trial and error. Inexpensive though in the grand scheme of things.

Come on you DIY lot...

KulrMeStoopid
20th February 2013, 18:45
Oops! I just got the ce5 rebuildable so go with the smallest silica,

1mm Silica http://marketplace.planetofthevapes.co.uk/Rebuildables/rebuildable-supplies/rebuildable-atomizer-silica-wick

I use Kanthal A1 .20 but this is a sample pack with 3 different sizes for you to try http://marketplace.planetofthevapes.co.uk/kanthal-rebuildable-atomizer-resistance-wire

He also does a Nichrome Sampler http://marketplace.planetofthevapes.co.uk/Rebuildables/rebuildable-supplies/nichrome-rebuildable-atomizer-resistance-wire

I prefer the Kanthal but the Nichrome is a lil bit more bendy. The price is right to grab both and have a play.

KulrMeStoopid
20th February 2013, 18:46
I only just saw this post! my bad!!

whit77
20th February 2013, 18:51
Good good :) will I need to use 3 pieces of 1mm silca on each head, and am I right in thinking the thinner the wire for the coil the better the hit I can get, or do I match my wire to my battery

KulrMeStoopid
20th February 2013, 18:51
Good good :) will I need to use 3 pieces of 1mm silca on each head, and am I right in thinking the thinner the wire for the coil the better the hit I can get, or do I match my wire to my battery

It all depends if you want warmer or a cooler vape :)

Thinner might be best for lots of wraps but I think you could manage!

whit77
20th February 2013, 19:01
It all depends if you want warmer or a cooler vape :)

Thinner might be best for lots of wraps but I think you could manage!

Soz I'm quite new at this..wraps as in more coils round the wick? and sure I've seen replacable heads with one wick that's why I wad thinking of using one 3mm wick instead of three 1mm wicks, to make the rebuild abit easier maybe....

KulrMeStoopid
20th February 2013, 19:04
You certainly can :) buy all the different sizes so you can have a good play!

whit77
20th February 2013, 19:43
Or am I biting off more than I can chew :D got my first "e cig" on Sunday just gone from tescos and only got my ego kit yesterday, but I like to play lol, and always jump in head first in all my hobbies and pastimes

Just to add no stinky ciggies for 3 days, vaping is what I've been searching for all my life, been a smoker 20 odd years and sort of enjoy it and never felt like giving up, and now I feel late to the party as I read all this about them being banned, just as I find the reamedy to my dirty addiction I feel so gutted it will be taken from me

KulrMeStoopid
20th February 2013, 19:54
I took AGES to start rewicking and rewiring and regret that I waited so long!

I find it relaxing, even when I get frustrated with it. Its not as hard as it looks, its just wrapping a wire around a wick and then plonking them into a neg and pos post :D

jimsie33
20th February 2013, 22:02
I use 2 pieces of 2mm silica wick in mine with kanthal or titanium wire 0.2mm kanthal is fine. If you look in the how to's section under new user corner there are a few guides. One for the ce4 and one by ado28 for the Vivi Nova which is pretty much the same. Hope this helps :)

whit77
20th February 2013, 22:30
Thanks guys :)

cig-juice
21st February 2013, 02:11
The CE4/ CE5 are not 're-buildables'. They have replaceable heads. You just screw the new one on.

whit77
21st February 2013, 02:27
Yes they are, You rebuild the heads by coil round the wick, its cheaper. YouTube is your friend :D

Vaper Train
21st February 2013, 02:33
Just make sure you test your coil before you place it on an E-cig, as if you have no short protection on your mod, you can kill the said E-Cig / mod in question

When I re-wick clearo's CE4's in particular I find 0.20 mm wire is best & 2mm wick

whit77
21st February 2013, 02:38
Just make sure you test your coil before you place it on an E-cig, as if you have no short protection on your mod, you can kill the said E-Cig / mod in question

When I re-wick clearo's CE4's in particular I find 0.20 mm wire is best & 2mm wick

1 single wick ?? :)

Vaper Train
21st February 2013, 02:53
1 single wick ?? :)

2 x is what I use ado28 has a great picture sequence on here on how to do it with the Vivi Nova same priceple I've mentioned him & I hope he will reply with the link for you (which I really should bookmark)

whit77
21st February 2013, 03:02
2 x is what I use ado28 has a great picture sequence on here on how to do it with the Vivi Nova same priceple I've mentioned him & I hope he will reply with the link for you (which I really should bookmark)

Thanks a lot mate really appreciated
EDIT they only have 1.5 or 2.5

whit77
21st February 2013, 03:41
Ah give up, think il just buy new heads

ado28
21st February 2013, 05:41
2 x is what I use ado28 (http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=5760) has a great picture sequence on here on how to do it with the Vivi Nova same priceple I've mentioned him & I hope he will reply with the link for you (which I really should bookmark)
see here (http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/7600-Rebuild-your-Vivi-Nova-coil-and-wick?p=79148&viewfull=1#post79148) for link on rebuilding heads/ wicks.

whit77
21st February 2013, 08:01
see here (http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/7600-Rebuild-your-Vivi-Nova-coil-and-wick?p=79148&viewfull=1#post79148) for link on rebuilding heads/ wicks.

Cheers ado28 great guide, trouble is I can nearest silca wicks I can find 2.5 or 3.5 which one shall I get :)

KulrMeStoopid
21st February 2013, 08:13
3.5 should be fine

ado28
21st February 2013, 09:18
2.5 is also fine and you can thread it through twice :)

whit77
21st February 2013, 09:58
Thanks for the replys
Managed to get some I got 1m of 2mm for 2quid and free postage :) so il try 2 wicks.
I know this is a how longs a piece of string question butt....
Ballpark figure, how many wraps should I do with .2 wire on two 2mm wicks on the ce5 head

ado28
21st February 2013, 14:30
Thanks for the replys
Managed to get some I got 1m of 2mm for 2quid and free postage :) so il try 2 wicks.
I know this is a how longs a piece of string question butt....
Ballpark figure, how many wraps should I do with .2 wire on 2x2mm wicks on the ce5 head
Its entirely up to yourself. The more wraps the bigger the ohm's. For a standard ego battery 3 or 4 wraps will be fine but if you have a VV device then you can add more wraps. I usually wrap mine about 7 or 8 times using my method

whit77
21st February 2013, 14:48
Soz I'm quite new to this, what are the pros and cons of more or less ohms

KulrMeStoopid
21st February 2013, 15:04
lower ohms work better on NON Variable Voltage/Wattage batteries, like your standard ego.

it also gives a warmer vaper

Higher ohms for cooler and to work on VV/W

Vaper Train
21st February 2013, 21:52
Please remember to check your work after you finish with a multi-meter, or you can kill your eGo battery whit77

whit77
21st February 2013, 22:04
Please remember to check your work after you finish with a multi-meter, or you can kill your eGo battery whit77

Really, I haven't got a multi meter, I was just going to experiment with the amount of coils with the 0.2 wire

KulrMeStoopid
21st February 2013, 22:07
Really, I haven't got a multi meter, I was just going to experiment with the amount of coils with the 0.2 wire

Yeh its best to have a meter or a device that can measure ohms.

If you are using silica 4-5 wraps should give you 1.3-1.8ohms which would be fine for an Ego battery to handle.

The worst I have had happen is a coil popping on my ego's which I use to test for hot spots on all my coils before I test ohms... but thats just how I do things and it works for me.

whit77
21st February 2013, 22:18
Yeh its best to have a meter or a device that can measure ohms.

If you are using silica 4-5 wraps should give you 1.3-1.8ohms which would be fine for an Ego battery to handle.

The worst I have had happen is a coil popping on my ego's which I use to test for hot spots on all my coils before I test ohms... but thats just how I do things and it works for me.

I can get a cheap multi off ebay with a dial and lcd display, but never used one like the dial etc; and what ohms am I aiming for.
Here's the Meter, how do I use it lol http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00mvSQqdgPSWbs/DT-830D-Digital-Multimeter.jpg

KulrMeStoopid
21st February 2013, 22:25
For a standard Ego battery, anything around 1.2-1.8ohms would suffice

whit77
21st February 2013, 22:32
For a standard Ego battery, anything around 1.2-1.8ohms would suffice

Cheers fella. You lot are the best :)
Can anyone tell me how to use the meter

KulrMeStoopid
21st February 2013, 22:33

Now that I cant tell ya !

Markfletcher007
21st February 2013, 22:45

This may help you

http://youtu.be/2RsI_A_eN48

Vaper Train
22nd February 2013, 00:09
I was more on about if you short your new head it can short your eGo battery & it will die a horrible death, it can & has happened. hence why I mention the meter once you finish your new head put it in the CE4 / Clearomiser then check the resistance across the neg (outside of the 510 connection) & the Positive (middle pin of the 510)

whit77
22nd February 2013, 00:18
I was more on about if you short your new head it can short your eGo battery & it will die a horrible death, it can & has happened. hence why I mention the meter once you finish your new head put it in the CE4 / Clearomiser then check the resistance across the neg (outside of the 510 connection) & the Positive (middle pin of the 510)

Yeah I'm sort of getting it now, the head/body etc can add to the resistance. So test it all put together? And keep the pozi wire 0.2 in the centre away from the sides

whit77
23rd February 2013, 12:05
Well thanks to you guys I did my first rebuild today :) two 2mm wicks and 4 wraps 0.2 wire, all ok so far
Thanks for all the advice guys

whit77
23rd February 2013, 12:59
Right after vaping on the rebuild this morning I'm finding the flavour a little muted. Anyone know what could by causing this or anyway to improve it, thanks

KulrMeStoopid
23rd February 2013, 13:07
Right after vaping on the rebuild this morning I'm finding the flavour a little muted. Anyone know what could by causing this or anyway to improve it, thanks

Could be too tight of a coil and juice isnt wicking to it easy enough?

whit77
23rd February 2013, 13:16
I wrapped the coil round one of those little Phillips screwdrivers the type you repair specticals and mobile phones with, Then used the foil on the end of the wick method, and the coil seemed to slide along the wicks nicely

KulrMeStoopid
23rd February 2013, 14:05
I wrapped the coil round one of those little Phillips screwdrivers the type you repair specticals and mobile phones with, Then used the foil on the end of the wick method, and the coil seemed to slide along the wicks nicely

Might not be tight enough then? :P Vaping can be SO fiddley!

Jim
5th April 2013, 18:56
Hi James,

just to let you know I re coiled the fried one from yesterday and worked a treat first time. Wrapped it 5 times and measuring 2.5 ohms. Now setting the voltage as per the guide at 4.2. Great Hit and vapour. I feel very pleased with myself and a bit smug.

whit77
5th April 2013, 21:41
Well done james:)

Feels like ages ago since I started this thread, how far I've come and the knowledge I've gained about vaping in such a short time, thanks to all the nice people of POTV :)